Vidya Lakshmi Education Loan vidyalakshmi.co.in Launch of New Web Based Portal Vidhya Lakshmi by Government of India: The Ministry of Finance under the Government of India has recently launched a Web Based Portal called Vidhya Lakshmi for the students seeking the Educational Loans. www.vidhyalakshmi.co.in is the first portal of its kind and provides a single window for the candidates to Access the Information and Application form for Education loans provided by the banks. The candidates can easily know the information by entering into the official website once.This web-based portal Vidhya Lakshmi was launched on the occasion of the Independence day. It is maintained and developed by NSDL e – Governance Infrastructure Limited under the guidelines of Department of Financial services, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of HR department, Indian Banks Association and Department of Higher Education. Vidya Lakshmi
Applying for Education Loan Becomes Easier as Govt Launches ‘Vidyalakshmi’ Portal
Previously the Union Finance Minister has proposed to establish a fully IT-based Student Financial Aid Authority to admin the Scholarship process as well as education loans by Pradhan Mantri Vidhya Lakshmi Karyalayam. It is the first step to achieving the present objective of Vidhya Lakshmi Portal.
This portal is the first portal of its kind and provides a single window for the candidates to Access the Information and Application form for Education loans provided by the banks.
It is having the following features: Vidya Lakshmi.
2. Application for Common Education Loan for the students
3. Candidates can avail the facility to apply for the Education Loans in Multiple Banks. Facility for Banks to Download the Student Loan applications
4. Facility for Banks to upload the loan processing status.
5. Facility for Students to ask queries related to educational; loans and send their grievances through E-Mail.
6. Dash Board facility for Students to know their application status.
7. Government Scholarships
8. Link to National Scholarship Portal InformationThrough this portal till now, 13 banks have registered 22 Educational Loan schemes in various banks like SBI, bank of India, IDBI, Canara Bank and Union Bank of India. The students throughout India can be benefited by this initiative of launching web portal. Web Portal link available at https://www.vidyalakshmi.co.in/Students/