Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme 2021: Honourable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Sri. Jagan Mohan Reddy launched Amma Vodi Scheme in Chittoor On 9th January 2020. It is one of the nine flagship programs called Navaratnalu. This is one of the innovative schemes in the country. Under this “Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme” the State Government will give Rs.15000/- a year to the Mother or Guardian who will send their children to school. Therefore in this article, we will discuss all details such as how to apply for the scheme, how to check the beneficiary list, payment information, benefits, and documents required.
The main objective of the Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme 2021 :
the main objective of the Jagananna amma vodi scheme is to ensure an improvement in the educational levels of students in the state of Andhra Pradesh and to decrease dropouts in the school due to financial reasons.
Initially, the Amma Vodi scheme in Andhra Pradesh was introduced by the CM Jagan Mohan Reddy in their Party Manifesto. Thus it is originally a part of the Navaratanalu initiative which is designed to give financial assistance to mothers or guardians belonging to BPL families, irrespective of caste, religion, and creed. So after winning the Assembly election in 2019, YS Reddy has given a kick start to Amma Vodi Scheme and also sanctioned Rs 17,971 crore to the education sector to implement the Scheme from 26th January 2020.
Under this scheme, Rs 15000 per year will be given to those mothers or guardians who will send their children to school. Therefore this amount will assist her to educate her child from Class I to XII in all Recognized Government, Private Aided, Private Unaided schools/ Jr. Colleges and Residential Schools/Colleges for the Academic year 2019-2020
However, This Financial aid will be given for Promoting quality education among school children and to increase the literacy rate of the state. Therefore this will be a fully government-funded scheme and it is a pre-election promise of the YSR Congress party.
Key Benefits of the Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme:
- AP State Government has allocated Rs 6318 crores to implement this scheme.
- The promised financial aid of ₹15000 will be directly deposited in the mother or guardian savings bank accounts in January every year till the child completes class 12.
- This scheme will encourage the Below Poverty Line families to send their children to the schools to acquire a good education. Which in turn to help them to get higher education
- The implementation of the scheme will help in decreasing the dropout (who left their education due to financial problems) in the schools, decreasing child labor (sending children to work for money) and this scheme permits every child in the state to attain right to education
- This scheme will help in improving the literacy rate in the state of Andhra Pradesh
- In case any student stops his education during the academic year, then the benefit for that academic year will not be allowed to their beneficiary.
Eligibility Criteria for Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme:
mothers or guardians who are sending children to schools must satisfy the eligibility criteria to avail of the benefits of the Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme.
- As per the government rules, the mother or guardian must belong to the below poverty line family
- The beneficiary family must have a white ration card
III. The beneficiary family must have a valid identity proof such as Aadhaar Card or voter card
- The child of the beneficiary must be studying in classes I to XII in any Government/ Private Un-Aided Schools/ Private Aided schools/Junior Colleges recognized by the Andhra Pradesh state government.
- The mother or guardian must ensure a minimum of 75% attendance of their child in the school.
- If any child stops their education in the middle of the academic year, they will not be allowed to take the benefits of the scheme.
VII. State government or Central Government, PSU Employees, and Government pensioners are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
Documents required to Apply Amma Vodi scheme:
if you want to be the beneficiary of the Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme, then you must have below mentioned documents.
- Aadhaar Card
- White Ration Card
- Name of the school where the child is studying
- Bank account details of the guardian or the mother
- Passport size photo of the mother or of the guardian
- School’s identity card to verify that the student studies in the mentioned school
- Proof of address such as Aadhaar Card, electricity bill, voter card, etc.
How to apply for the AP Amma Vodi scheme: people who want to be the beneficiary of the Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme must follow the below-given steps.
- Log on to the official website http://jaganannaammavodi.ap.gov.in/
- Initially you have to download the application form c. After the successful downloading of the application form
- Fill it with necessary details and attach all the above-mentioned documents
- Then submit the application form at the relevant office or any government office
- After the successful submission of the application form, beneficiaries can check the child details.
Procedure to search Child details for Amma Vodi Scheme:
- First log on to the official website http://jaganannaammavodi.ap.gov.in/
- On the home page click on “click here for search Child details for Amma Vodi Scheme
III. Then you will be directed to https://ammavodihm3.apcfss.in/searchUidActionForm.htm page
- Then enter the mother/guardian Aadhar card number and enter the Verification Code as displayed in the image
- Then click on Get details
- Next page will display the beneficiary status
VII. Then check the beneficiary status and modify the details if necessary.
Section of genuine beneficiaries under the Amma Vodi Scheme
- In the implementation of the First Phase of the Scheme, the User ID and Passwords have been given to the headmasters and all Principals of government and private school.
- After that at the online portal formalities principal/HM has to upload all required details of the student such as Aadhar number of both mother/ student and mother bank details along with IFSC code.
- Nearly 44,000 Government schools and Colleges has successfully uploaded all the data of eligible students
- Approximate 38 lakhs children are studying in Government and private schools of Andhra Pradesh
- Currently village or ward volunteers are doing door to door surveys for recognizing genuine beneficiaries.
Helpline number and contact details: if any beneficiary is facing any problem regarding the scheme, then they contact the below-given address.
- Address: 4th Floor, B block, VTPS Rd, Bhimaraju Gutta,
- Ibrahimpatnam, Andhra Pradesh 521456.
- Phone: 0866 288 3941, Email: apcse.@ap.gov.in.